Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Defeated Christian?

It has been a while since I have posted for several reasons. It has been a busy Summer and the Fall does not look any slower. In a recent sermon I made the statement "You cannot have victory without surrender." I am sure that I read that somewhere but I am not sure where. In the last 25 years of ministry I have dealt with many "defeated Christians". Many of those deal with the same sin or "issue" throughout their walk with Christ. I have come to the realization that you cannot have victory over something in your life just by confessing that sin. You will have forgiveness but I do not think that is where it should stop. Repentance of sin has to with the "passion" for that sin. We must ask God to remove the desire (passion) for that sin in our life. This is where surrender is involved. This is an act of the will. Have you ever surrendered that "passion" to Christ? Not just the act involved in that sin but the desire for it! Read James 1:14. I was just thinking.

No comments: