Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Traveling

I enjoy traveling most of the time. I do not care if it is my car, bus, plane, boat or even running. Most of the time things go smoothly if you plan well. If I was driving my Dad always taught me to have the oil changed, tires rotated, replace old belts and hoses, and clean the car before I left on a trip. When I fly I have learn to carry on as much as you can and go through security screening with as little on as modesty will allow. (that sounds scary). Debbie and I have been on several trips out of the country and one thing we have learned is you MUST have your passport. The reason being it is easy for you to get out of the country (especially into Mexico) but the problem is getting back in the USA if you do not have your passport. If you have traveled out of the country you know that one of the best feeling you have is when you arrive back in the US the customs agents says, "Welcome Home". Can you imagine what it will be like that day when Christ welcomes His children home? I hope you are looking forward to that day! As with most vacations, they are too short. Our time on earth is short compared to eternity with Christ. Do what you have to do to make it HOME! Have your passport (Christ) with you, He is the only way to get HOME!

No comments: