Monday, August 18, 2008

Playing By The Rules

I know that you have probably been watching the Olympics this past week. An interesting event took place on Monday. Two young ladies tied for a gold medal after a gymnastics routine on the uneven parallel bars. The judges went to a third step tie breaker to see who had won the gold medal. The young lady who lost (from the USA) stated this, "You know the rules going in, so you just play by the rules". I wish everyone thought that way. Many of us want to change the rules when it comes to our lives and our relationship to the Lord. We believe that others should have to play by the rules but not us! God establihsed His rules a long time ago and they have not changed. It fact, they will not change. Most of us know the rules, we just choose to change them along the way. I has a class in Bible College called Biblical Ethics and we talked at some lenght about "situational ethics". It basically means we change the rules when it best suits us. Do you think that God intended for us to live that way? Can you think of a time in your life when God's principles should change to fit your needs? Think what the Olypmics would be like if they changed the rules half way through an event! Chaos and confusion! Does your life ever feel that way? Maybe you need to just live by the rules! I was just thinking.

1 comment:

Bro. Jason Parker said...

It's amazing to me..... I believe God has set the rules in stone. I have vowed to follow the rules God has set. Having made this statement, I must confess..... Sometimes my flesh tries to make me feel like changing the rules. The only problem is, I can't change the rules. What God has done can not be undone by man. We must joy in following Gods rules.God is perfect and has set things for the best. God knows things we can't know. God is God....I am His creation. "praise the Lord." When my flesh declares war on God...... I must trust Him still.