Monday, January 5, 2009

RE: 2009

The end of 2008 was busy! The New Year always brings me to a time of reflection. It was in January of 1990 that the Lord directed us to come to North Little Rock-that was a year of change for all of us. Many people have asked me how it is that I have stayed at one church for nearly 20 years. I believe it has been because of the goodness of God, the patience of our church family, and commitment. There have been a few times that another ministry has called and asked me to consider coming to serve with them. When that occurs I always ask myself two basic questions: (1) Where does the Lord want me? (2) If I want people to be committed to the Lord and His (this) church why should it be any different for me? I have learned a few things after 25 short years in the ministry-no church is perfect! I was taught that if you see something that needs to be done-no matter where you are-home, church or work- do it! Don't wait for someone else to start the Bible study or encouragement group! Do it yourself! If you see the need it because God has opened your eyes and heart to the need! A wise man told me "The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence, but you still have to cut the grass!" I hope in 2009 that we all dig in and begin to work! See a need! Get involved! I was just thinking.

No comments: