Friday, January 30, 2009

Real Life

I wish that we lived in a perfect world! I guess that would be Heaven! But until that day we live in a real world. We face difficulties at work, at home and in our personal lives. In February I will be speaking on some of the issues that we face in the "real world". Stress at work, struggling marriages, family relationships, and personal battles are some of the situations most of us struggle with. In February, our church will begin in the Celebrate Discovery program and the more I learn about this program the more I realize that it is for people in the church as much as those outside of the church. We have attempted in our pious mentality to sweep "real life" issues underneath the rug in our churches. My wife, Debbie, is the operational director of the Florence Crittenton Home (an emergency shelter) for children 6-17 years old. With the help of a great staff, they are able to help many children who are victims of the issues that the church has "swept under the rug". Our church has been awakened to the need-it is great! I pray that through the next several weeks God will change us so that no children in our families will face what some of the children in the Home are facing today! God's plan is the best! The principles in His Word are tried and true! Perhaps the best part of His plan is His grace! It does not matter where you are or what you have been through-God can and will help! I was just thinking..... and praying!

No comments: