Thursday, March 5, 2015

It is a snow day in Arkansas. It is still hard for a boy from South Georgia to get use to snow! I sit here reflecting back on 25 years of service here in North Little Rock and over 30 years in the ministry. If there is one word that would describe what I feel it is GRACE. The Lord has saved me and kept me by His grace. It was His grace that called me to salvation, that enables me to grow as a Christian, and it will be His grace that leads me into His presence. His grace placed me in a family that loved the Lord and brought me up in a Christian home and loving church. I was privileged to have great Pastors and Youth Pastors that taught me the Word and challenged me to serve the Lord. The Lord graced me with good friends that supported each other in our walk with the Lord. I made a lot of mistakes growing up and I am thankful for the grace of God that protected me from allowing those mistakes to define me or hurt others. It was His grace that led me Welch College and into full time Christian ministry. Perhaps His greatest act of grace, a part from my salvation, was giving me my wonderful wife Debbie. God then graciously gave us three children with wonderful hearts for service. By His grace we have served three wonderful churches in Nashville, Savannah, and North Little Rock. Many have asked me how we have stayed 25 years in one church-It is grace! The people of North Little Rock have been extremely gracious to our family and especially to me. It is all about His grace! Where would we be without the grace of God? I do not want to think about that!

No comments: