Thursday, September 25, 2014

I know it has been awhile since I posted last. I have entered into a new chapter of my life. I am a grandfather now! WOW! My daughter and son-in-law who are serve at a church in Royal Oak, MI are the proud and grateful parents of a little girl. When she was born my mind quickly went back to the day that my daughter was born and I held her for the first time. I carried her from the delivery room to the nursery and walked past a hallway filled with our friends from college. I often think I wish I knew then what I know now. Why doesn't God give us children when we are wiser, more mature, and better prepared? I then realized because He wants us to trust Him! He wants us to lean upon Him for the guidance we need in raising our children! He wants us to trust Him to provided spiritually and financially for our families. We all want what is best for our children and grandchildren and isn't that exactly what God wants! Then why don't we trust Him? He can provide for them and protect them in ways we cannot even begin to do. Have you been blessed by God to be parents or grandparents? Will you trust God with those precious gifts?

No comments: