Friday, April 18, 2014

This is the Friday before Easter Sunday. It has been referred to as Good Friday. There are many ways in which it can be considered good, perhaps the best is that our salvation was provided for on this day by the death of Jesus Christ. I was running this morning and thinking about the sacrifice of Christ. I have been blessed by a good life. I have not faced many health issues and have been supported by a great family, wife, and church all of my life. I have enjoyed some good years! Then I thought that Christ, in the prime of His physical ability and ministry potential, sacrificed it all for me. He gave the best of His life! Many people give the best years of their life to work, family or even to the church. Christ sacrificed all of that for me! What are you doing with the "best" years of your life? Doesn't Christ deserve them?

No comments: